What’s the best part of Christmas eating? Waking up the day after all the family has been around and knowing you’ve got leftover ham in the fridge.
Plan ingredients you’ll need ahead of time. This is desirable with shops having adjusted service hours during the festive season. It also reduces waste – if you have what you need you won’t throw out unmatched leftovers.
- Fry it in the pan for breakfast with your eggs (pasture raised, of course). Delicious in an omelet and include other fridge treasures like cherry tomatoes, onions, cheeses and some of the leftover pouring cream
- Antipasto grilled cheese – that’s right, add everything from your fridge, cheese and slices of ham, put it in the jaffle maker or fry in either side in a pan with a little butter.
- Thinly sliced ham wrapped around asparagus – if you’re feeling a bit full from the meal the day before but still after a delicious snack we can definitely recommend this one. Grab a couple of blanched stalks of asparagus, wrap with finely sliced ham and use a toothpick to secure. Pop in the oven until just starting to brown. Serve with cranberry sauce, aioli or a squeeze of lemon.
- Pizza! Lay the ham down on top of a pizza base, Turkish bread or pita bread, add your favourite toppings and bake until the cheese starts to melt
- The bone – don’t throw it away. Make a delicious stock with it as a great base for your next soup