It’s that time of the year if you have Zucchini growing in the garden (or your friends have zucchini growing and they are giving them away!!) – you need every recipe you can find with Zucchini…..
One of the favourite is ‘Zucchini Slice‘
but this one is a little different – no flour (so a great gluten-free option) and plus some of us find the recipes that use flour a little heavy & doughy to eat.
Butter to grease the dish
2 medium (about 300g – I probably use more maybe 500g) Zucchini, coarsely grated
4-6 rashers McIvor Farm Bacon, rind removed & chopped
(or a pack of McIvor Farm Bacon Pieces)
1 Onion, finely chopped
Pepper to season
6 eggs, lightly whisked
1 cup Sour Cream
1 Garlic clove, crushed
1/2 cup Cheese (tasty cheddar), grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease a square (20cm) dish
- Combine the grated zucchini, chopped bacon & onion in a bowl (I actually fry the onion & bacon first – up to you).
- Season with pepper – then pour/spread in dish.
- Combine eggs, sour cream & garlic in a jug (or to save on dishes the the bowl used for the zucchini mix!). Then pour over the zucchini mix and top/sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes – let cool, then cut & enjoy!